Tennessee is probably best known for its close ties to country music. However, there are many other types of music that are popular in the state. In fact, every year, countless music festivals are held in outdoor venues throughout the state, many of which draw thousands of fans.
Attending one of these festivals can be a lot of fun as long as you plan properly. Before you get in your car and head out to the festival, make sure you run through this checklist of important items to bring:
1. Water. Drinking plenty of water is essential anytime you are going to be outdoors in the sunshine. Unfortunately, buying water at music festivals is often quite expensive. Usually, you can bring your own water with you to the festival as long as you follow the rules. Most festivals require any bottles of water that are brought in from the outside to be sealed. Find out what the rules are for the festival you are attending so that you can be sure that the water you bring is in compliance.
2. Snacks. Bringing nutritious snacks such as protein bars to a concert is a great idea. Standing around at an outdoor festival can drain your energy. Being able to get a good dose of nutrients periodically throughout the day can help you stay energetic and recharged for the entire event.
3. Sunscreen. Standing in the sun for hours on end can result in serious sunburns if you don’t properly protect your skin. Bring a bottle of high-quality sunscreen with you to the event and reapply it frequently throughout the day.
4. Consider bringing baby wipes. Chances are, you will get dusty and dirty throughout the day. Having baby wipes on hand can help you clean up, leaving you feeling refreshed and ready to listen to more music.
5. A crossbody bag. Rather than bringing a backpack, try to fit all of your belongings in a compact, crossbody bag. These bags are much harder for pickpockets to access. Additionally, because they are slung across your body, they can’t easily be taken off your shoulder in passing.
6. A roll of toilet paper. As strange as it may sound, bringing a roll of toilet paper along with you can be a great idea when attending an outdoor event. You never know when the porta potties are going to run out of toilet paper.
By bringing all of these items with you when attending an outdoor music festival in Tennessee, you can ensure that you have a great time and that you don’t wind up hungry, dehydrated, dirty, and sunburned.